About this item
- CJ Soybean Paste Haechandle 14kg
- Item Code: D0174
- Sales Unit: Box
- Qty./ctn: 1/ctn
- GST free
- This is a thick brown paste made from fermented soybeans and salt. It's one of the essential ingredients in Korean food such as red pepper paste (Gochujang)
- It can be used as a component of soup base, for example in a popular Korean style stew (jjigae) called doenjang jjigae which usually includes tofu, various vegetables.
- Learn how to make staple Korean stew – doenjang jjigae (Korean soybean paste stew) at home. It’s hearty and comforting!
- Origin: Korea
What is soybean paste used for?
- Soybean paste is usually used as the main seasoning ingredients for soup, stew and "Ssamjang"(dipping sauce for lettuce wrap), but also can be used to season blanched vegetables such as spinach.
Is soybean paste and miso paste the same thing?
- Miso tastes a touch sweeter than soybean paste because of the added koji starter. What is this? If you're gluten-free make sure to read the ingredient label to ensure there are no added grains
How healthy is soybean paste?
- Soybean paste has been found to have great health benefits such as anticancer, antimetastatic, and antigenotoxic effects. See reference links below for actual research papers on this topic. "It is also a good source of essential amino acids, minerals, and vitamins
- Water, Soybean 27% Wheat flour, Salt, Fermented soybean powder, Cooking rice wine, Wheat, Soybean powder, Malt powder (Barley), Flavor enhancers (627,631)